U18 Beta Build #3 – Live On Bullroarer
Bullroarer is now open with Beta Build #3. From the Official LOTRO Forums;
Update 18 Beta #3 Release Notes & Known Issues – PRELIMINARY AND NON-FINAL – BULLROARER ONLY
Please join us this weekend for our third preview of Update 18. We welcome your feedback and would particularly appreciate feedback on the new performance options: Selection: Only show dispellable effects & Selection: Only show effects cast by you.
The following release notes are for the Bullroarer public test server only and may not reflect the final list of changes or updates included at release.
These notes are not final and should be viewed as a work in progress and subject to change.
The Eyes and Guard Tavern is open!
The Blood of the Black Serpent instance is currently closed for repairs.
The Epic book quests for this update will not be available during this open beta session.
Instance rewards have not yet been hooked up to the Battle of the Pelennor Fields instances or the Featured Instance quest.
Important Note: Please be aware that the build you are seeing here is a work in progress and is by no means the finished Update 18 product. There are items that are not yet complete. There may also be items missing from this initial list, this is not intentional and will be added as we progress.
- There are two new checkboxes in the social options panel which allow you to suppress effects from showing up in the Opponent Vitals panel. These function the same as the ones that suppress effects in the group vitals, allowing you to suppress effects that are non-dispellable or effects that aren’t cast by you. Checking these boxes may improve your performance in the thick of combat.
- Made changes lighting, npcs, and other objects in Minas Tirith to reduce client memory usage and improve performance.
- Burglars can no longer use bows.
- The Burglar’s Daggery Mastery trait now improves dagger damage up to 5%.
- The Featured Instance and Pelennor class gear can now only be equipped by the appropriate class.
- The item level for some scaling gear has been adjusted above level 100.
- The Rune-keeper Featured Instance set bonus is now +5% Flurry of Words critical chance and -40% Induction length on Chill of Winter skills.
- The Rune-keeper Pelennor set bonus is now +30% bubble potency.
- New travel destinations: Ost Rimmon, Rohirric War-stead, and Crithost (in Old Anorien)
- Far Anórien landscape mobs should be just a little more challenging than during previous beta sessions.
- Fixed various instances of T-Posing throughout the game
- The Grand Stair – Deed: The Followers of Igash – slaying White Hand Arrow and White Hand Shield Uruks now counts towards the deed
- Thinned out some of the monsters in IV.1.12, ‘The Shadow in Morthond,’ since Rovalang was dying more often than a Swan-knight should.
- Skirmish camp barter now offers tier 10 crafting items and level 100 essences instead of level 95.
- Anfalas Star-lit crystals were added for barter to all festivals.
- Beacon Hills– Glanhar is now old
– Glanhar’s sons are now dressed in their armour
– Bargwen is now young
– several NPCs, including Sithgar, no longer have randomized appearances