I have been impressed with the direction LOTRO has taken since the new Executive Producer, Severlin, has taken the reins:
- A new raid
- Performance improvements for many
- Open communication via Cordovan with the community
- Seeking feedback from the community on the direction it would like to see LOTRO go
- U18 and 19 were both very well done from a content perspective
- Epic storylines have been fantastic
- Premium housing
And today they dropped that Bullroarer will be open to test out performance upgrades and creep love:
Fellowship/Raid performance improvements:
- Target effect updates have been streamlined. We hope that groups will notice a performance improvement, especially a reduction in client hitches when first targeting a mob or player with many effects on them.
- The clean up of effect information when a target is defeated has been streamlined. We hope that players will notice better performance in cases where many mobs are defeated, or when a boss with many effects is defeated.
- Our particle effect system has been updated to hopefully make better use of information caching. We hope that players will notice better effect display performance over time during a play session.
Monster Play Creep adjustments:
- Increased Mastery Corruption values by 12.5%.
- Mitigation Corruption values increased by 30%.
- Critical Defence Corruption values increased by 15%.
- Resistance corruption values increased by 10%.
- Critical rating corruption values increased by 10%.
- Damage and healing values increased by roughly 15%.
- Max Morale base values have been slightly increased.
See the full article here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?&postid=7666082#post7666082