My kin and I have put this intro together to help the community discover and enjoy the Mordor Allegiance quests more easily. If you notice that something is incorrect or missing, please let me know so I can update the guide – Hafwen of Rare Breed (Arkenstone)
At level 110 King Eomer, in the Udun Foothold, will offer a quest to begin your Allegiance journey. He will instruct you to pick an Allegiance faction:
The Kingdom of Gondor
The Court of Lothlorien
Hobbits of the Company.
Neither one is better than the other, so it’s your personal preference. The first faction you do is the easiest to complete with the cheapest amount of points needed. They get progressively more costly up to the fourth one; which is the hardest. The quest line begins now and goes in the usual fashion for LOTRO with directions to NPCs etc.
After the first chapter is complete, each faction provides a travel skill to their hall where you will get your Allegiance quests and dailies when the time comes. Once you have chosen your faction you will get an icon with a meter on your screen . This meter fills up as you progress. Clicking on the icon will open the Allegiance window. At the top of the window you can flip from one faction to another. Hit Join or Set Active depending on if you have been before. If the only option is “Hide”, you must go start the quest lines near the gate of Mordor (head out of the Foothold and turn left, riding until you see the NPCs with rings). Whichever one you have set active is the one that will progress and port you to for questing, or conveniently to your vault and vendors. Below that on the very right is an icon of a building. That will port you to the hall if you want to avoid slotting the travel skill on your quick slot bar. Below that is the progression meter again and finally you will see the levels. They go from 1 through 30. Using the Relic of the Last Alliance will unlock these levels and you can hit the Claim button to get your tokens. Do them in order so you don’t miss your quest prompt when it comes up. Every 5 levels you get the next chapter in their story. Chapter 4 gives the teal ring and chapter 7 gives the teal cloak. Claiming these Tokens of Service give you currency to barter at the Quartermaster for some more teal jewelry which makes it very worthwhile.
You will only be able to progress so far without the dailies. However there are plenty of ways to get the relic boxes in the meantime. Some quests, deeds and crafting can also get you rep boxes while you are working on the unlock. Specifically you can craft the Enchanted Gorgoroth Adamant which is a multiuse guild recipe you can purchase from the High-Enchanter NPC.
Unlocking the Dailies (thanks Hephburz-2):
You must have completed the (hidden) deed, “Tales of Gorgoroth”.
It requires you to complete the following (Which is essentially the major quest lines in each area of Mordor):
1) (Of the Black Book) Chapter 4; Union of Evil
2) A Solemn Gathering
3) What was Spoken and What was Revealed’
4) Into the Abyss
6) Eyes in the Dark
7) Under the Fires of Orodruin
8) The Secrets of Seregost
9) Reach level 115 (to be confirmed)
After completing all of these, relog, and you should get a quest automatically appear in your quest log to go to your allegiance hall and begin the dailies/weeklies!
So What’s a Daily, Weekly, or just a repeatable? Good question!
The Expedition Organizer (EO) in the Allegiance Hall will hand out the dailies and weeklies that will give you the faction rep. Completing a bundle of simple dailies will give you (2000 points), one chapter’s points value. Completing a weekly gives a teal box (10,000 points). Every other day (or perhaps every other reset) the Organizer will give a black key as a reward. If you plan to do only it a few times a week, it’s worthwhile figuring out when those are rewarded.
Beside the EO is a notice board. There are two notices labeled with the areas that are for the “quests of the day”. You are instructed to complete 4 quests in either one of the 2 areas listed that day. Once you complete them, port back in and turn them in. They reset twice daily; at 3 am, with the server, and again at 10 am EST. Completed dailies not turned in will be erased as “failed”.
You can choose to take all the allegiance quests available and only complete 4. On testing it seems you can do “old” quests to progress the daily even if they aren’t on offer that particular day.
Here is the confusing part: Candur. Where the heck do his dailies fit in?
Candur is located in the Foothold. He also has a notice board. The quests you get there are able to be completed in his instance based dailies also known as the resource instances because they are packed with crafting nodes. These give you Silver Signets of The Thandrim to barter for goodies at the Conquest of Gorgoroth Quartermaster (essences and other useful items). The good news is that you can spend with abandon there because there is an unending supply of Silver Signets thanks to Candur. So grab a buddy and knock those instances out as often as you can.
1. Some of Candur’s instances also complete the Expedition Organizer’s dailies. It’s not enough to avoid heading out to the landscape for questing though so don’t count on him for everything.
2. Some classes seem to breeze through Mordor while others struggle. My hunter has graciously agreed to skip and laugh through the dailies to pass the rep on to my mini who could only dream of reaching her level of greatness. As the rep items are not toon bound, your strongest class can pass the boxes on down to your alts if you have more than one at end game and limited play time.
3. If you do all four intro quests you can do the optional faction gathering quests which give 2,000 rep per faction that you have completed the intro on. These can only be completed in the resource instance (from Candur). Once you finish Chapter 7 for that faction, you can no longer do it (apparently this will change in the next update). These optionals appear to be offered about once every two or three days and the only way to know is to go into the instance. These quests will require you to deliver stuff to the chests in the other Allegiance Halls. You can turn them in by making that particular Allegiance active (see above for how to do that) and hitting the travel button. Hint: Pop your floating names on so you can find the chests. They cant be located with the delete key but are typically located near the entrance.
4. There is a goat to get to the Hall Under the Mountain (Dwarf faction). Turn 180 degrees from the quest giver, and hop on the goat (he’s at your 7 o’clock when facing Dori, the quest giver).
5. Be careful when using your teal boxes if you are close to level 30. You may waste a significant amount of rep as it will not tick over to the next alliance. One purple relic = 2000 pts = 1 level.